+44 (0) 118 979 4269
This is a unique opportunity for a professional with solid accounts experience who is seeking to use their general practice management skills. This interesting and varied role consists of accounts production and tax, combined with people and practice management.
Our priority is to find a candidate who shares our passion for a pro-active approach. Someone that goes beyond the numbers and takes real ownership for their areas of responsibility.
Within a growing practice, we need someone who is hands-on and motivated to manage the day to day delivery of compliance services to a mixed client portfolio. As this will also be interspersed with management of people and controls, experience in supervisory delegation is required and wider management skills would be advantageous.
We are an ambitious, forward thinking, accountancy firm based in the Thames Valley. We provide a wide range of services including accounting, tax, audit, advice and project managed business solutions for owner-managed businesses. The landscape of accounting is changing, and we are increasingly looking at ways of adding value for our clients and utilising IT to best effect in the process.
As a member of the team the successful candidate would be responsible for:
• Producing accounts, servicing and managing client relationships
• Preparing tax returns
• Planning and delegating assignments to employees and sub-contractors, as well as undertaking
the final technical reviews of outgoing work
• Managing the flow of work and deadlines
• Contributing as part of a project team to deliver effective business solutions internally and
externally, including optimal use of IT as appropriate.
• Involvement with general practice management and assisting Partners by providing updates,
management reports and inputting into staff reviews and training.
• ACCA / ACA qualified with a minimum of 4 years recent experience in general practice.
• Experience in dealing with clients and producing accounts to a high standard.
• Customer focussed with a proactive attitude to make things happen.
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Embraces IT solutions and able to apply technological know-how.
• Knowledge & competency in Digita accounting software and some knowledge of Xero, Sage
and/or QuickBooks desirable.
• Proficient in Microsoft packages especially excel
• Experience in practice and people management or supervision would be advantageous
What’s on offer?
Salary range: £40,000 - £46,000 dependent on experience and aptitude
Hours: Full time role of 37.5 hours a week. Flexibility for the right candidate
Training: The practice believes fundamentally in supporting appropriate personal development
Good opportunities for further career progression.
Modern office: Close to transport links and Wokingham town centre.
How to apply:
If you wish to apply for the above role please send your c.v to firstname.lastname@example.org together with a cover note outlining why you believe you would be suited to this role.