+44 (0) 118 979 4269
An exciting and developing role for an experienced, able bookkeeper to maintain and build a portfolio of cases, managing both workloads and day-to-day relationships. Working closely with the partners and the team, this is a great opportunity to expand a wider set of business skills through working on different systems and creating new processes with diverse clients.
We are an ambitious, forward thinking, accountancy firm based in the Thames Valley. We provide a wide range of services including accounting, tax, audit, advice and project managed business solutions for owner-managed businesses. The landscape of accounting is changing, and we are increasingly looking at ways of adding value for our clients and utilising IT to best effect in the process.
The purpose of this role is not only to provide bookkeeping services for clients but also assist them in improving their systems and in some cases train them in the fundamentals.
As a member of the team duties would include:
• Providing quality bookkeeping
• Updating client ledgers for purchases, sales, payments and receipts
• Reconciliations of bank, debtors, creditors, VAT, PAYE and other ledgers
• Processing expenses, mileage claims and bills
• Document management including requesting, reviewing, filing and return
• Preparing information for accountants
• Customer liaison and dealing with enquiries
• Checking records for sense of completeness
• Setting up new bookkeeping systems
• Training clients to use software and perform their own bookkeeping
• Potential to supervise other bookkeepers
• Ability to work with Xero, Sage and QuickBooks
• Proficient with Microsoft packages specifically Excel
• Effective in time management, prioritisation, and managing own workload
• Able to work as part of a team, reporting progress to customers and managers
• Great communication skills
• A questioning attitude coupled with good customer service skills
The successful applicant will have:
• At least two years of experience dealing with bookkeeping covering the above job description
• Experience in setting up a bookkeeping system from scratch
• Positive attitude
• Good attention to detail
• Enthusiastic to develop skills and learn
• Ambition to grow their portfolio of cases
• Proactive customer service and client communications
What’s on offer
Job Type: Part time, 10 – 20 hours, potentially growing with the needs of the business. (Days to
be agreed but must include a Monday or Friday).
Salary: Pro rata for part time, full time equivalent £29,000
Modern office: Close to transport links and town centre.
Training: Appropriate training and development
How to apply:
If you wish to apply for the above role please send your c.v. to email@example.com together with a covering letter outlining why you believe you would be suited to this role.