+44 (0) 118 979 4269
Do you enjoy a general practice workload, proactive client interaction and an opportunity to get involved with various client-led and internal project assignments? Are you looking for a part time role that is meaningful, exciting and makes a real difference?
If so, then we would like to hear from you.
We are seeking a professional with solid accounts experience who is interested in a varied role consisting of accounts production and tax, combined with people management and client portfolio management.
Position: Accountant / Practice Manager
Location: Wokingham, Berkshire (Commutable from Bracknell, Reading and surrounding areas).
Office-based with minimal local travel required. Modern office, close to transport links and
Wokingham town centre.
Job type: Part time, 20 hours a week. Monday to Friday 4 hours a day. Open to extended hours in
the future if desired by both parties.
Salary: £47,000 - £50,000 (pro-rated for part- time) dependent on experience and aptitude
We are a small-but-ambitious, forward thinking, accountancy firm based in the Thames Valley. Our priority is to find a candidate who is proactive, hands-on and motivated to manage the day to day delivery of accounting and taxation services. Someone who brings strong supervisory or management experience and team spirit to the role.
About the role:
• Producing accounts, servicing and managing client relationships
• Overseeing the preparation of tax returns
• Planning and delegating assignments to employees and sub-contractors, as well as undertaking
the final technical reviews of outgoing work
• Managing the flow of work and deadlines
• General practice management: including monitoring controls for various internal practices and
managing contractor relationships.
• Contributing as part of a project team to deliver effective business solutions internally and
externally, including optimal use of IT as appropriate.
• Assisting Partners by providing updates, management reports and input into staff reviews and
• ACCA / ACA fully qualified.
• At least 4 years of experience working within an accountancy practice is essential.
• You will need a track record in the delivery of accountancy and taxation services from start to
• Experience in managing the work of others and good general commercial insight.
General person requirements
• Experience in dealing with clients at all levels and producing accounts to a high standard.
• Customer focussed with a proactive attitude to make things happen.
• Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
• Embraces IT solutions and able to apply technological know-how.
• Knowledge & competency in accounting and taxation proprietary software e.g. Digita or Iris.
• Working knowledge of bookkeeping software e.g. Xero, Sage, Quickbooks
• Experience in managing the overall client relationship, as well as delegating, supervising and
training your team.
How to apply:
If you wish to apply for the above role please send your c.v to [email protected] together with a cover letter outlining why you believe you would be suited to this role.